7/22/07

Thank you, kind sir

Jake Gyllenhaal as Harold Dobbs in Proof
I have written so many things over a relatively brief period (less than one year) about Jake that I have a considerable catalog of discarded thoughts and phrases I could dust off and offer up on any given day. A moment ago I reviewed a piece I wrote when my obsession began, and I honestly was surprised by the pain expressed therein. While I am still alone and full of free time to spend thinking about famous strangers, I have to argue that my outlook has really improved beyond measure.

Yes, sometimes when the knowledge that Jake will never be mine pops back up like a smirking weed in the unkempt sideyard of my mind, I ache. Let's face it, based on the available information, he couldn't be more perfect for me. But that's not actually him, and I know this. Intellectually, I know it. Emotionally, I sometimes forget, and my heart, well, my heart, as hearts do, takes no advice and makes its own choices.

Some folks scoff, and find such intense focus on a celebrity to be wasteful. Go do something with yourself, instead of pining away for some actor. Go be somebody, and you won't have time to think about the daily activities of people whose lives and yours will never intersect. To them, I offer only this: the concept of inspiration.

Inspiration to write, which I had not been doing for several years, and rarely in such quantity and, if I do say so myself, quality.

Inspiration to lose weight, because I am tired of hiding inside a body that acts as a shield between my inexperience and fear and the world at large.

Inspiration to move on, to plan and execute my departure from the family home at a much-delayed age, because it's way past time to go.

Because these things will make Jake notice me, like me, want to be with me?

No.

Because enjoying everything I get from Jake makes me feel so alive that I finally, truly want to go out and live.

Inspiration.
Jake Gyllenhaal, having a laugh during a sexy photo shootThat, and really great fantasy material.

Photos: IHJ.

4 comments

Xenia said...

I'll tell you a secret : the last exam I took (I'm trying to graduate in classical literature while doing a lame secretary job to pay the bills and my very expansive university charge)was very hard...the teacher very rough and hostile but...in the end everything turned out pleasant and the teacher himself has been gentle and respectful...Well... when I finished, the first thought has been: Jake protected me...haha I had to laugh to myself because I don't believe in any God, or saint or whatever...but the thought of Jake makes me a positive, a willing person, a little bit of a worshiper too but...who cares?
I'm a pagan worshiper of Jake's Beauty! and what the hell?

You did something great Cherita...whoever inspired you, HE deserves my respect!

Cherita said...

Isn't he a lovely gift to us? I'm grateful every day for the joy his existence brings into my life, and I don't care how bizarre that seems. And I'm glad you like what I've done, especially since you appear to be the sole member of my audience!

Xenia said...

Well, I'm the sole member of your audience SO FAR...

Maybe it's because most people are on vacation and not so many have the large amount of work to neglect that I have...
Or maybe you scared everyone making them believe you were recruiting memebers of an esoteric clique of Buddhist Gyllenhaalics...

BTW you'll return me the favour when I'll create a blog about the connection between Jake and the Greek erotic poetry and then I'll force you to read a bunch of BBM slash fanfics set in ancient Greece (sheep farming is an important sector of the economy of Greece actually)...I'm kidding...It's a pleasure for me to post on your blog and I'm looking forward to read the next post, my bizarre...:)

Cherita said...

Or maybe you scared everyone making them believe you were recruiting memebers of an esoteric clique of Buddhist Gyllenhaalics

But...but...Jake digs Buddhism! What's wrong with these so-called Gyllenhaalics if the thought of a little Buddhism turns 'em off, huh? ;)

BTW you'll return me the favour when I'll create a blog about the connection between Jake and the Greek erotic poetry and then I'll force you to read a bunch of BBM slash fanfics set in ancient Greece

ROFLMAO!!! The Greek erotic poetry you know I'll dig. As to the fanfic, I might be able to deal with it after I do a document-wide search and replace, changing the character names to something completely without resonance, like Bubba and Fred. :D