10/15/07

Monday morning wake-up call

Jake finds the 'extra leg' reference as dubious as I doI discovered something about my obsession this morning: I have not lost all capacity for reason. Here's how I know. There will be a sneak preview of Rendition at University of Miami's Cosford Cinema in Coral Gables tomorrow night at 9 pm. And I'm not planning on going. Coral Gables is about 90 minutes from my home, and it's just too damn far and too much trouble to justify. I can see the movie a few days later as planned if it saves me a trip to south Miami. I'm so proud of myself for being able to say that, it's rather frightening in itself. Let's not focus on it.

In addition to the Supreme Court decision on the ACLU case of Khaled El-Masri, the movie is getting free press courtesy of Amnesty International, who want us to watch Rendition and then go sign up at their Unsubscribe Me campaign site. Will it make any difference? Who knows. But not doing anything will make even less difference.

Also, I found this wonderful discussion with director Gavin Hood about his choices in making the movie and what he hopes to accomplish with it. Bravo, Gavin.

Jake's expression here sums up the entire JR experienceJake's (mostly) fabulous visit with that wacky Jonathan Ross on Friday is still reverberating through the internet. Posts like this one on the YourLondon Calling blog, entitled "OMG! How cute is he?" are a reminder to me that there are still folks who had not yet succumbed to the Gyllenhaal charm. It's like a revelation to them. Yes, Jake is funny, and adorable, and sexy, and natural, and a cutie, as assorted bloggers have all declared since witnessing this interview. Welcome to my world.

Meanwhile, in case there's anyone else out there who, like the Splash blogger, didn't get it: no, Jake would not want to be a farmer if he weren't an actor. It's called humor. Very dry, deadpanned humor, delivered perfectly as most of his is. Perhaps these folks could benefit from more exposure to Jake's wit. Well, really, who wouldn't?

Adorable, natural, sexy, funny, cute JakeAnd we'll all get our next chance tonight when Jake returns to chat with David Letterman. Once again, live blogging is promised over at Jake Watch for those of you who don't receive U.S. broadcast television, though Prophecy Girl warns she may just end up waiting to hit "post" until it's over. Am I the only one who sees phenomenal potential in the scheduling of 50 Cent as the musical guest while Jake's there? I mean, it's not Kanye, but who knows what delicious insanity may transpire. I haven't felt like this since Christmas Eves as a kid. Bring it on, baby, I'm ready.

All photos: IHJ.

8 comments

BirdGirl said...

I know what you mean. I feel like I am about 9 years old going to see New Kids on the Block all over again. Ha ha!

Cherita said...

Well, I mean, he makes me feel young, but there are decidedly adult impulses at work here, too. :D

BirdGirl said...

Time is oing by sooooooooo sssllllooowwwww! Come on damn it!

BirdGirl said...

Wow Letterman was great. My heart is still pounding. He will always now be Mr. Gooberballs to me. :)

I guess I better try and get some sleep if I am going to get up for the Today show. Who am I kidding I'm not going to be able to sleep after that.

Cherita said...

I know, I'm grateful I requested the day off, and as it is I'm not sure I'll wake up with my alarm in the morning. Can I just say, as I am listening to 50 Cent on Letterman, that he's got absolutely no evident talent at all? Whew, it's over. That utterly sucked! Dave should have skipped the "music" and just let Jake stay on longer.

Gooberballs. How sick am I that I immediately thought of chocolate covered peanuts? And not independent of the anatomical connotation. Okay, time for me to try to sleep. :X

Xenia said...

Nothing out of the ordinary on Letterman I have to say : Jake being his adorable self, Letterman his...self, and another JW campaign kindly ignored...oh well, their loss!!

Speaking of will power...I got a ticket to Rome Film Fest...I've already posted the news on JW but I wanted to tell you on your own blog...I'm gonna cover a considerable distance just to have a glimpse (if I'm lucky enough) of a beautiful man once I saw in a movie...

Cherita said...

Xenia, that's wonderful! You did it! Boy, don't I feel like a weenie for refusing to drive for a few hours to see the movie early after all you've done to get that ticket. Well, I'd do it if Jake were physically going to be there. I hope you do see him, and talk to him, and maybe even get a picture with him like that woman yesterday, holy shit did you see his hand on her? What a lucky woman.

I'm sitting here waiting for Jake to turn up on the Today show, and if he doesn't come on before 9 am I have to switch channels to put on Regis and Kelly. The morning shows like Today are never as worthwhile as regular talk shows, but if I were going to work today, I'd be up at this time anyway, so what the hell, right?

Xenia said...

Of course I saw it...with a slight twinge of jealousy even I'm not really proud of...